Sunday, July 22, 2012

the spider, the mistress, and the tangerine


 Louise Bourgeois has been on mind a lot lately. Some of the things I'm working on right now are unmistakeably derived from her work (even if unconsciously so). I saw a large installation of her work this winter at DIA Beacon and was blown away. I was literally crawling on the floor to see things from every possible angle. Wow - what a sculptor! It's not easy to find images online that even come close to doing her work justice, but here are a few that I've been looking at...

 
Yesterday I watched a really nice documentary on Louise Bourgeois called The Spider, the Mistress and the Tangerine. I highly recommend it!

While I was at Elsewhere, I had a Louise Bourgeois moment (hehe). Maybe one day I might come close to being as cool as she is?


No comments:

Post a Comment