Sunday, December 6, 2009

Situation Manipulation Maquette

I've recently stumbled into to fun world of maquette making. More and more I've been finding myself stuck, picture in head, pencil in hand, and absolutely no clue where to begin. I have had the hardest time visualizing, in 2 dimensions, such fluid 3-dimensional things. So I've been left with no other choice than to construct. Using simple brazing techniques (learned in sculpture 1) I'm able to create a mini 3-D version of just about anything. It's great, really... to make a small thing... that I know, one day, will be real... not to mention real big! Here's the maquette for my recent piece, Situation Manipulation.

September 2009


made of brazed steel bailing wire, and newspaper
appx. 7" tall, 20" long, and 15" deep
scaled at 1" = 1'

No comments:

Post a Comment