Thursday, October 20, 2011

installation detritus

 

I took down my installation from the 1st-year show this week, which has been (and tends to be) a fairly refreshing and energizing experience (contrary to the belief of many). By taking it apart, I'm no longer tied to the piece - I don't have to worry about how to move it, where to put it, etc. And I automatically have lots of left-over material with which to make something entirely new! I'm definitely going to be re-purposing a majority of the material... I like what's happening in the piece of detritus pictured above. It's scab-like... which, ironically, is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Hmmmm

detritus (dɪˈtraɪtəs) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
n
1.  a loose mass of stones, silt, etc, worn away from rocks
2.  an accumulation of disintegrated material or debris
3.  the organic debris formed from the decay of organisms

No comments:

Post a Comment