Friday, June 8, 2012

hans bellmer => asger carlsen

After my first full day at Elsewhere (more on this kooky place soon), I'm starting to think about what I might like to work of during my 4 weeks here. Still not quite certain of where or how I'd like the work to function/live, but I know I want/need to work with mannequins and doll parts in some way shape or form. There are just SO many of them here it's irresistible. I've also got my eye on a box of ratty wigs. I'm thinking some sort of interactive 3-D collage (and by collage I mean sort of similar to the collages I've been doing recently). Hans Bellmer, of whom I am an enormous fan, immediately comes to mind when I think of mannequins turned sculpture... (though I actually prefer his drawings)

 
  Just now, as I was trolling through Bellmer images, I came across some photo work by Asger Carlsen, and all I can say is WHOA! His photo manipulations are wow wow wow wow...
 
Interview with Asger Carlsen from Glossom on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment