Thursday, August 2, 2012

VSC open studios

Double Dose - 6' x 3' x 3' - cardboard, fiberglass insulation, & pig intestines
A lot has happened in the studio since I last posted. Last night was the final open studios for the July residents here at the Vermont Studio Center. I finally finished covering this big guy with pig intestines - and boy oh boy does my studio smell RANK. blegh!! All in all though, I'm really excited about the direction my work is starting to take - I'm very much looking forward to getting back to my studio at school and cranking up the semester. I think my work is starting to become more cohesive- but not in a limiting way. The collages are helping me to more quickly work out some conceptual ideas and, as you can probably see, the forms from the collages are starting to influence my sculpture! So fun!

Filets - 9" x 12" each - collage on paper


Glory Hole - 2' x 2' - animal hair, condoms, fiberglass insulation, rubber bands, & plaster cast of my belly button

3' x 2.5' x 2' - cardboard, fiberglass insulation, pig intestines, & animal hair



No comments:

Post a Comment