Saturday, February 18, 2012

drooling over tim hawkinson

Fruit, 2004
Ink-Jet Prints on Foam Core on Panel
I checked out an enormous pile of art books from the library today. I cracked open the one on Tim Hawkinson first and haven't put it down since. I'm a HUGE fan of this guy's work (as in, one of his drawings is the background of my computer screen, and has been for the past 2 years)... I've posted about him before... and I'm sure I'll be posting about him again. His work covers such a range of one amazing thing after another. Unrestrained by a particular media, his playfulness and fastidiousness are present in all he creates. I could blab about his work all day, but I'll get back to reading about it for now and instead leave you with these images, which are particularly relevant to some things I've been thinking about recently in my own work. So good. SO good. SO GOOD.
Untitled, 2003
Unique Photographs on Foamcore on Panel
5' 8"(H) x 9' 9"(W)
Totem, 2004
Unique Photographs on Foamcore on Board
10' 2"(H) x 3' 3"(W) x 2"(D)
Untitled, 2003
Unique Photographs on Foamcore on Panel
5' 8"(H) x 9' 9"(W)



1 comment: